Pronto — with rainbow® technology — for noninvasive and quick spot checking of total hemoglobin (SpHb®), SpO2, pulse rate, and perfusion index.
A New Solution for Hemoglobin Spot-Check Testing
Traditional invasive lab testing provides delayed results and requires a painful needle stick and time-consuming blood draws.
The Pronto offers noninvasive and quick spot-check testing of total hemoglobin (SpHb), SpO2, pulse rate, and perfusion index, which may provide the following benefits:
- > Facilitates timely patient assessment
- > Reduces the need to wait for lab results
- > Easy-to-use — Improves efficiency
- > Decreases risk of accidental needle sticks and exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- > Requires no lab consumables or waste disposal
- > Reduces painful needle sticks and time-consuming blood draws
- > Enables immediate face-to-face counseling with clinician
Four Simple Steps
SELECT SENSOR SIZE
PLACE SENSOR ON FINGER
PRESS SpHb BUTTON
SpHb Analytical Performance
In 492 comparisons of SpHb and invasive hemoglobin (tHb) measurements from a laboratory CO-Oximeter, SpHb accuracy was as follows1:
- • 0.08 g/dL bias
- • 0.96 g/dL at one standard deviation
- • Below 12 g/dL, 99% of SpHb readings were <2 g/dL of the laboratory tHb value
- • At or above 12 g/dL, 94% of SpHb readings were <2 g/dL of the laboratory tHb value
Please note: These results were obtained following a specific protocol, in which all Directions for Use were followed and SpHb measurements were compared to validated laboratory reference measurements. Differences in results may be caused by many factors, such as those explained in Masimo’s Directions for Use. Some independent researchers have conducted their own testing and obtained similar results, while other researchers have reported larger differences when comparing SpHb measurements to laboratory measurements.
- * For additional information see Pronto Operator’s Manual
- 1 Masimo FDA Submission Data (Technical Bulletin, SpHb Accuracy)