Masimo rainbow® Pulse CO-Oximetry™
Masimo rainbow® SET is a noninvasive monitoring platform enabling the assessment of multiple blood constituents and physiologic parameters that previously required invasive or complicated procedures, in addition to providing Masimo SET® Measurethrough Motion and Low Perfusion pulse oximetry.
Masimo rainbow SET Measurements:
- Total Hemoglobin (SpHb®)
- Oxygen Content (SpOC™)
- Carboxyhemoglobin (SpCO®)
- Methemoglobin (SpMet®)
- Pleth Variability Index (PVI®)
- Plus: Masimo SET measurements of Oxygen Saturation (SpO2), Pulse Rate (PR), Perfusion Index (PI)
Based on the solid foundation of Masimo SET technology:
- Innovative noninvasive sensor technology uses more than 7 wavelengths of light to acquire blood constituent data based on light absorption
- Advanced signal processing algorithms and unique adaptive filters work together to isolate, identify and quantify various hemoglobin species
- Blood measurement results are then displayed numerically
Oxygenated Hb and reduced Hb absorb different amounts of Red (RD) and Infrared (IR) Light
(Two-wavelength oximeters cannot measure total hemoglobin or dyshemoglobins)
Based on Masimo SET Pulse Oximetry Technology With Added Rainbow Technology Algorithms
(Expanded understanding of your patient's oxygenation status)
Upgradeable technology platform:
The upgradeable rainbow SET platform lets you choose the rainbow measurements that are right for you now and be confident that your investment in patient safety won’t become obsolete tomorrow.
Accuracy of Noninvasive and Continuous Hemoglobin Measurement by Pulse CO-Oximetry™: Data Submitted by Masimo as Part of FDA 510(k) Clearance Whitepaper:
Carbon Monoxide Lurking Within: The Danger of Carboxyhemoglobinemia in Acute Care Whtiepaper:
Demystifying Methemoglobinemia: A Clinically Pervasive Disorder with Ambiguous Symptoms Masking Prevalence, Morbidity, and Mortality.